Monday, October 4, 2010

"As I stand over the insect..."

"...crawling the pine needles on the forest floor and endeavoring to conceal itself from my sight and myself why it will cherish those humble and hide its head from me who might perhaps be its benefactor and impart to its race some cheering information I am reminded of the greater Benefactor and Intelligence that stands over me, the human insect. "

Well, hello, grasshopper...


I am often astounded by the intricacy and originality of my Maker's designs, and find myself marveling even at the tiniest of His fellows. And I feel a little guilty for tormenting the thing, hanging over it to take a picture, and then allowing Squirrel to put him (and a handful of grass) into a teapot for several hours.

He lives to hop another day, though I doubt he'll be landing on our welcome mat again, if he can help it.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. I LIVE for comments.
You can leave one here!