Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Handmade Birthday!

What do you get when you combine an hour of time, some of the ugliest most fabulous costume fabrics, and a mother's fierce desire to give her daughter at least one handmade birthday present?

A pretty spectacular princess gown.

I had intended to make Squirrel a princess dress for her birthday for a while, but like so many things, kept procrastinating for any number of reasons (mostly that I couldn't find a pattern I really wanted to use). Finally, on her birthday while she was at preschool, I sat down and went to town with a whole host of crazy fabrics, courtesy of my mom. (Did you know she owned and operated a custom dance wear business all through my youth? I have access to some pretty spectacular fabric choices as a result!)

What I came up with was a quick and dirty, but oh-so-frilly princess dress for my pink/princess/fashion obsessed four year old. She loves it (pictured here with her new/matching Sleeping Beauty doll). What do you think?





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. I LIVE for comments.
You can leave one here!