Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Things do not change. We change."

Sorry for my absence! We went away to visit family for Little Bird's birthday and were met with large doses of chaos on our return. But I am hoping to get back into the swing of things very soon. I have about a billion adorable (and hilarious) photos from Little Bird's birthday to share, but those will come later. For now, this:

I have not set foot into a Target store since the end of December. {And yes, that was my sister audibly gasping that you just heard...I'm quite sure I heard it here, too...three states away...}

You see, I am a hardcore Target fan. I don't think that in all the time that we lived in Phoenix, I ever went a single week without at least one (and often more) visits. One of my favorite parts of the week was the Sunday newspaper with the store ads--and always, I saved Target's ad for last to enjoy and flip through over and over again. Then we moved to rural Idaho.

The nearest Target store is about 30-35 minutes away, and admittedly, when we first moved, I was just itching to think of any possible reason to get down there and shop. Unfortunately, I couldn't ever find a good enough reason that I knew the Mister would sign off on, and so I just never made it. At first, it was HARD. And then, like any addiction, the longing started to slowly slip away.

Sure, sometimes I still get the longings for the beautiful red and white sales displays, aisle upon aisle of inexpensive (and largely unnecessary) goods. But mostly, I'm just pretty proud of myself and impressed at how much I have changed, even if the world hasn't.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Good for you! I cannot go a week without going to Target. It's my "happy place", I go there when I'm feeling down or anxious. I told Tyson wherever we move I NEED to be no more than 15 minutes from a Target. Maybe I should take a page from your book and change my thinking...or at least not rely on Target so much. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did gasp :)
    I've been worried about you since you've been scarce lately. I went to call, but (surprise) had misplaced (not lost) my cell phone. Love you guys, looking forward to birthday pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey--I was exactly the same! If I had a crazy day with the kids, I'd leave them with Rob and vanish to Target for a couple hours. I gotta admit though...it's kinda nice! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. I LIVE for comments.
You can leave one here!