Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Progenitors....

“What old people say you cannot do, you try and find that you can. Old deeds for old people, and new deeds for new.”

 

People, listen. I'm fighting heredity here. I'm fighting genetics. I am fighting the code that lives in the deepest part of my DNA. I'm not just fighting society; I'm fighting the evolution of my family line. And somewhere along the line, "survival of the fittest" obviously morphed into "survival with the most." 

 

I hope my parents, if they even read this, will forgive me this intrusion, but as we have been staying with them the last few days, something has struck me: I was not just born this way; I think I was bred this way. 

 

If it seems unbelievable, just click on the photo to see it in startling detail. 

And please keep in mind, this may be a photo of the garage...but it is a small piece of the puzzle...

 

 

I don't really have anything I think that I can add to that...as they say, a picture speaks a thousand words--and in this case, maybe 127,000?

 

I have, of course, been too chicken still to post pictures of my own disasters. Thankfully, I have not, like my parents, spent 23 years living in the same house. Since I am such a chicken though, I will show you an "after" photo--a photo of what the babies' armoire looked like after I managed to part with so many of their belongings. 

 




 

Looks good, huh? Yeah, I'm feeling better and better about that one every day now. 

 

Time is a little short today, but I also wanted to share this article--an awesome, succinct piece about one writer's transformation from "unaware purchaser" to "conscious consumer". I love it!  I hope to find myself among her ranks at the other end of the spectrum one of these days. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. I LIVE for comments.
You can leave one here!