Thursday, October 15, 2009

In my afternoon walk...

"In my afternoon walk I would fain forget all my morning occupations and my obligations to society."

If you've ever visited Arizona anywhere in the months of, oh, January through December, you may know that on a walk is one of the last places you might like to be in the afternoon. However, as the weather has started to drop to just 2 digits, I have made the effort to take my children out for an afternoon walk each day so that they may witness and experience the little patch of nature that is around us. It isn't much--just a few scattered trees among parking lot spaces and green areas between houses--but nature is nature and it's good for the soul.

We get our feet in the grass...

We lay on our backs...


...and look at the sky...



...and the occasional skeptic...



...and ride off into the sunset.




And H.D. is right. We walk out the door and leave our worries behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. I LIVE for comments.
You can leave one here!