Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I would eat them in a box...

...and I would eat them with a fox!

For Dr. Seuss' birthday, I thought the kids would enjoy celebrating with a little tribute to a couple of their favorite books. We've been reading Green Eggs and Ham quite a bit, so we made some for breakfast.

Apparently, when heated, green food coloring gets REALLY green! Oops...


Squirrel thought it was great fun, and liked reading the book and making faces along with the story as she tried her green eggs and ham.


"I will try them, you will see..."


"Say! I like green eggs and ham! I do so like them, Sam I am!" 

Unfortunately, Little Bird was somewhat less convinced....


He will not eat them anywhere...



We did, however, get him to make an "I like them" face, which I think is hysterical:

And after breakfast, we made Cat in the Hat hats, which they both liked so much, they ripped them to pieces running around with them all day. 



Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss! Thanks for all the fun!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I live it-- what a fun mommy! My favorite is Little Birds face in the first picture. {"You want me to do what with these green eggs?!? Not gonna happen."} So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean "love" it. :) (well, and I guess I kinda "live" it too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with G. Those eggs look a little radio active. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. I LIVE for comments.
You can leave one here!