Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What Thoreau Didn't Know Wednesday

It's WEDNESDAY! You get to read my droning on about my awesome kids.

It's happened. The New Guy has been taking his first steps, officially. Until this week, I have been considering any steps (only 1 or 2 at a time) mostly flukes, but this week, he's gotten as many as seven in a row, AND he is starting to catch his balance on his own when he loses it, instead of just falling on his bum. This kid will be fully walking on his own by Christmas, methinks. He is hysterical too--the number one reason he does end up falling is because he gets far more excited than his little body can contain. This kids just explodes with joy every minute.

Big Sis is lately very particular about the song I sing her at night. Usually, she has a whole laundry list of songs she begs for before bed, but recently, she asks only for "Lullaby" again and again. It's actually an old song I sang in a choir, with the lyrics pulled from a William Blake poem called "Augeries of Innocence" (Dr. Dransfield, be proud!). It's actually kind of nice to know that she loves the song as much as I do, though it has confounded her father a bit, now that she is only asking for the obscure "New Lullaby" when he tucks her in.

Man, I love these kids! Seriously, Thoreau...you don't know what you missed.

Feel free to share the "inexplicable joy" your own children or family brings to you. I'd love to hear all about it. :)

And hey, if I get too caught up to post, have one fantastic Thanksgiving Day! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun Kierra! I'm loving listening to my 2 older ones interact lately. They play so well together and just have fun. Also, my oldest son is so SWEET! My daughter put on a dress this morning(changing for the 3rd time) and he tells her "Hi beautiful" and "You look beautiful". He is SO cute and sweet.
    And my littlest...just the way he is always happy...even when he's in pain or sick or hurt...he's always trying to smile.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. I LIVE for comments.
You can leave one here!